BET
12570.66
0.26%
BET-TR
23828.3
0.26%
BET-FI
51499.44
0.31%
BETPlus
1874.5
0.26%
BET-NG
950.14
0.67%
BET-XT
1096.08
0.28%
BET-XT-TR
2063.8
0.28%
BET-BK
2302.34
0.37%
ROTX
28071.21
0.36%

London Stock Exchange rejects Hong Kong’s $39 billion takeover offer

Autor: Financial Market
Timp de citit: < 1 minute

London Stock Exchange has rejected Hong Kong Exchange’s $39 billion (£31.3 billion) takeover offer, opting to stick with its planned purchase of data and analytics group Refinitiv, according to Reuters.

The LSE told HKEX in a letter that it had fundamental concerns about key aspects of the proposal and that HKEX’s relationship with the Hong Kong government would „complicate matters„.

Accordingly, the board unanimously rejects the conditional proposal and, given its fundamental flaws, sees no merit in further engagement,” the London bourse said in a statement.

LSE shares were trading up 1.3% at 7,352 pence after the statement, little changed from earlier levels.

CITESTE SI:  Petrolul WTI este tot mai aproape de pragul de 120 dolari/baril după embargoul impus de Uniunea Europeană

HKEX made its surprise offer on Wednesday, just two days after its officials travelled to London to present it to LSE Chief Executive David Schwimmer for the first time.

It has been coolly received by shareholders so far, though analysts expect the Asian exchange to return with an improved proposal and could go hostile, meaning a direct appeal to LSE shareholders.

In its letter, the LSE said that HKEX’s assertion that implementing the deal would be swift and certain „is simply not credible„.

By Huw Jones – Reuters