Radu Hanga wins a new term at the helm of Bucharest Stock Exchange
Radu Hanga, the current President of the Board of Directors of the Bucharest Stock Exchange, won a new mandate today for a period of four years, starting from February 2024.
„The shareholders of the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) have also elected a new Board of Directors for the next four years, the new members of the board being:”
1. Cristian Pascu (Director Departament Instituții Financiare BCR, Vicepreședinte AAF)
2. Daniela Secară (Director General BT Capital Partners)
3. Șerban Marin (Manager tranzacții Evergent Investments)
4. Loredana Chitu (Head of Capital Markets Dentons)
5. Radu Hanga (Președintele BVB)
6. Remus Vulpescu
7. Robert Pană (Swiss Capital, actual membru de board)
8. Octavian Molnar (IFB Finwest, actual membru de board)
9. Claudia Ionescu (BRD, actual membru de board).
Radu Hanga, BVB President:
The Romanian capital market has become increasingly visible among international investors. We have noticed an increase in the representation of Romanian companies in the composition of the FTSE Russell and MSCI indices. Speaking of visibility, the companies listed on the BVB and the BVB indices appear in the financial data of the most well-known financial platforms, and we are in talks to widen this horizon so that international investors have easy access to data on Romanian companies.
In addition, at the level of Romanian investors, the latest data reconfirm the upward trend: we have recorded 16 consecutive quarters of growth and a new all-time high of 168,000 investors, an increase of 211% over the last five years, a threefold increase of those who access the market capital. This year alone, we have had 35,000 new investors due to the unfolding of Hidroelectrica’s offer and the continuation of the Fidelis bond program. Thanks to Hidroelectrica’s IPO, the BVB is the only stock exchange in Europe included in the Top 5 IPOs unfolded globally so far this year.